Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Is it weird that I am kind of relieved that the Warriors didn't make it to the playoffs? Now don't get me wrong, I would have loved to see the Warriors steal that 8th spot from Denver.  But after watching the Warriors miraculously sneak into the 8th spot last year, defeat the Mavericks, and then lose to the Utah Jazz, was pretty stressful. Not only did every game seem dangerously close, but simply taking my eyes of the screen was a big risk. Every single play seemed as if it was worthy of espn's top 10. 

The other reason that I find relief in my team's failure to make the playoffs is because it will reaffirm that the majority of Warrior fans are not bad wagon jumpers. Whenever I tell people I am a Golden State fan, I worry that they think I am falling into the "we believe" pandemonium. Well now that they didn't make it, maybe I won't have to worry about my insecurities.  But interestingly enough, before last year's amazing run, I heard that the attendance at Oracle has continued to increase year after year despite having mediocre seasons.  



No comments: